Tuesday 15 March 2011

What Do Armadillos and Cheyenne, Wyoming Have in Common?

Dear Parents,

Greetings from Cheyenne, Wyoming! If you recall, last week I had an incredibly busy week. I visited three children who had big hopes that their teeth wouldn’t come out on September 11 and for the Jewish New Year. And I am certain that having a tooth fall out in the middle of your Labor Day BBQ was not the excitement you wanted! They each got a Tooth Fairy Certificate from me, so I hope that made them feel a little better.

This week I am almost as busy as I was last week. My week started off in Buenos Aires, Argentina where I visited little Andrea. This is the fourth tooth that she has lost and although she is getting a little more used to the idea, she is still sometimes frightened by the whole thing. This last one fell out while she was riding her bicycle. Her parents told me that she was riding on Sunday after Church and wanting to avoid hitting a Burmeister’s Fairy Armadillo, because they’re not only cute, but endangered, she rode right into a tree and her tooth came out! The Armadillo, I am happy to report, is fine! For her extended bravery, I am rushing out a Tooth Fairy Certificate.

The reason I am in Cheyenne is that Sylvia lost her two front teeth at the same time. I can tell you that this is a rather rare occurrence, but it happens. When it does, children are both excited and a little bit scared at the same time. Sylvia lost them playing Wii Tennis with her brother Riley. He didn’t mean to, but her parents told me that as he was swinging the ‘racket’ and he accidentally hit his sister in the mouth. Both teeth flew out and their cat Bruno almost ate them. It was quite a scene in their house, as you can imagine.

As soon as I get back home, I am sending out both Tooth Fairy Certificates, one to Andrea and one to Sylvia.

Losing teeth doesn’t have to be scary, if you explain to your children that it is natural and happens so that bigger, grown up teeth can take their place.

Until next week, have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
The Tooth Fairy

www.imaginationdestination.us


View the original article here