Thursday 17 March 2011

A trophy of an idea

Do you or someone you know host many contests? Do you give out awards, trophies, medals, or plaques?

I’m debating on making and selling trophies for people to give out as awards. Since it is all online, I wanted to build up a system where you could see who has been awarding and receiving trophies. Anyone can purchase a trophy and award it for any given reason. In turn, I could have a news feed and/or publish the awards to Face Book.

So, the question I’m debating is if such a system would be beneficial. Are you interested in this system? I have lots of questions and need a few stakeholders that can tell me what they would need to make this work for them. I’m working at this idea with agile development in mind. I would like to get input from anyone who would purchase, award, or receive a trophy. We may exchange instant messages or email from time to time, as well as getting a few freebies along the way during each demonstration phase.

Here is a teaser of some user stories for the project:

I can purchase a trophyI can browse available trophiesI can see what is engraved on a trophyI can verify that a trophy is authenticI can see who has been awarded a trophyI can see who has awarded a trophyTrophies can be paid via L$Trophies can be paid via PayPalAs an owner, I can award a blank trophyAs the awarder and owner, I can clear a trophy inscriptionAs the awarder, I can publish the trophy to Face BookAs an awardee, I can choose to hide my trophiesAs an awardee, I can publish my trophy to Face Book

View the original article here