Saturday 23 March 2013

1998 S&M Kris Bennett

My 2nd gen. Terrible One Barcode was jacked a couple years ago so I built this to take its place as my daily thrasher.

I rolled the first truck I ever bought about 4 years ago ('97 Dodge Ram) Named Dump Truck. Then two years ago my T-1 Barcode that I had for about 8 years got jacked. So I built this S&M Kris Bennett in tribute to my old Dodge as my daily dirtjumper/street rider. It weighs about 37-38lbs. It has Odyssey Thermal 41 forks (first gen.) , two different types of Voxom stems (Ti Voxom stem has Stainless steel inserts , broke the cap for the ti finish one) S&M Slam bars (3rd or 4th gen.) ODI Longnecks , Box lever (cast with coil spring) , Tank top cup / FSA Pig unsealed bottom ,  Odyssey Hazard Lite wheels (14mm/48 front and rear) , S&M Fat rail black shield seat , Primo Rod seatpost , Kink Crossbolt double spc , Primo Powerbite Cranks (2nd gen , solid 7/8" spindle) , Odyssey Jim Cielenski sealed aluminum pedals , 44 fat tooth Odyssey sprocket , KMC 415 Fat Chain , ACS Fat Claws freewheel , Intense fat ITS front tire/Primo wall 2.10 rear , Primo Venus chain tensioner , Primo Stiffie pegs (cut 3/4" off each) and a custom 990 brake set up with a fat chain. Kids at the skatepark "don't know" how I can ride it let alone get so much air on it lol. I tell them my race bike weighs 26lbs. and they all say thats 5lbs more than mine!!! A kid one time asked me , "What is that on your back wheel!??!?!?" I was worried for a second , I asked the kid what he was talking about and he said ,"That thing right there!?!?!?" He was pointing at my freewheel like it was cutting edge technology that hadn't come out to the public yet! Hahahahahaha

Submitted by Cramcan

Discuss this bike All-AroundCompany: S&M BikesModel: Kris BennettMaterial: 4130 ChromolyToptube length: 20.75Headtube size: 1-1/8"