Sunday 24 March 2013

1986 Kuwahara Bravo KT

Beautifully restored Bravo KT in Neon Yellow.

Shipped to me from the US in parts back in Nov 12 this was a project bike for the previous owner.

He had stripped the original green paint & had sprayed the parts Purple which was nice but after seeing that famous picture of Dave Vanderspek's Bravo KT I knew that I had to bring this back to life in a similar way.I managed to Keep the Frame /Forks /Bars /stem /seat post/ frame standers/ pegs & seat post clamp & had the re powdered, the chain ring was too corroded but i managed to source another one from the bay & again had that shipped to the UK.I then went on a parts search & sourced the followingTwin Pinch Redline flight crank & BBCheng Shin White walls (coz that's how we rolledOKG Mags (with ground out reflector housing) for that Peregrine look & re built the hubs.Submitted by Funkyworm

Discuss this bike