Wednesday 23 February 2011

Forgotten Dreams 27


WHERE HAS MY LOVE GONE?

Gone is my heart's love - from my heart and from hearth

Gone from my bedside - no comfort left on earth

Where is my heart's love who was so true and kind

He's chosen to flee, proving cold, and unkind

Come back, my true heart's love, I'm lone and forlorn

We both are at fault and will realise at dawn

Forgive me, my heart's love for any hurt, pain

I'd rectify all should you come back again.

......................

WHERE THE WATER LILIES GROW

(Song)

Leave behind this minute

All your cares of spirit

And come with me in secret

To where the water-lilies grow!

Sit with me in silence

Hear the voice of nature

Hearken to its old wisdom

Then return to the world you know!

Go lighter, of burden

Joyfully tend your duties

Go back home with love anew

Returning there, be strong and true!

But when cares of spirit

Make you restless and tense,

Return there again with me

To where the water lilies grow

And we'll sit alone in silence

Listen to the voice of nature

Hearken to its ancient wisdom

Return refreshed to the world we know.

......................

WILDFLOWERS AUSTRALIS

The open sand plains - so wide and free

Merge greyly with the sombre cloud

Light descending, arches the colour,

To mould the fine rainbow's bending.

Alpha/Omega begin, and end

Full spectrum the rainbow's blessing

Was twice touching our precious turned earth

Where we would begin our growing

Harmony of Nature, felt, and seen

Transformed dull day to full beauty

And all at once it seemed to be that

Magic pervaded our venture

Our country's flowers, of strange beauty

Are to thrive here cultivated

We ask that beauty, and love, and peace

May attend our project's offering.

...........................

WILD STORM

The wind whistles wildly

It shrieks high and it whines

It heralds the coming

Of the gathering storm

Wind shrill, its thin whistle

Then groans deep, low in tone

A momentary silence

And I'm here all alone!

The gathering forces

Of great nature outside

And the pending climax

Drawing closer in time

Thunder, lightning and rain

Rumble, flash and again

Fire and water repeat

Age old drama complete

And it's clear now outside

No more wind nor the rain

Clouds scattering westwards

Earth free now from the strain

My soul feels the clearer

My mind's screen is now calm

Energies returning

Nature's storm cleared my heart.

........................

WOMAN'S DISMAY

He's turned away...

Remembering little of the other day

When hearts and bodies, souls and minds

Mingled in sensuous ecstasy

He's taken all....

And freely gives others my most precious gift

So cruel and harsh I find him now

He disregards our wedding vow

So what! You say

If immorality is so common now

Surely all married couples should

Re-evaluate vow and worth

If woman was in virtue true,

Surely other wives would have no cause to rue

If men would in their one shrine trust,

They'd find true love, not futile lust.

.......................

WONDROUSNESS OF WATER

Water... Where is it born? Where does it die?

Asking these questions, I really wish to know why...

Why it forms magically as the dew upon grass

It lights up with sunlight, diamonds mirrored in glass

Gently transformed, drawn into air by the sunlight

It falls as rain from the sky in daytime or night

Brings refreshment to Nature's life forms, young or old

And precious gift of Life from the gods we are told

..........

Water, you're needed by blade of grass, forest tree

Vegetation the world over sustained by Thee!

A seed swells in the warm earth, life stirs at thy touch

All Earth life to be sustained requires you so much

Water is our love, our delight, and prime life need

Wondrous is water, stirring life in every seed

Insects, and animals, plants, birds flying on wing

Fish in seas, lakes, rivers live in you, creating

And man in his kingdom, high, alone from the rest

Depends upon, adores you, delights in you best

For from morning to mid-day, and evening's repose

Water gives life to his body, garden and rose

Cells of his body bathed in life giving fluids

Akin to ocean mineral salts say the Druids

In life in the womb and from the day of his birth

Water sustains man, in all his days on the Earth

Our life began, in life-waters was seed encased

Father gave us life -mother's water us embraced

Water came from Moon-mother as fire from the Sun

Water controlled by the moon, sun blessed- life begun

Intense experiences of life to all are known

By watery expression, joy, and pain are both shown

By his sorrow soaked teardrop, or laughter filled tears

Delight in good humour, or with pain it appears

It cools and cleanses his body, nourishes cell

All manifold functions impossible to tell

Its scarcity results in death, stress or dry thirst

When relieved, by cool quenching, of delights comes first

Soul's pleasure as one watches entranced and complete

As waves of great ocean bombard shores, then retreat

Man loves gaze, enjoy water's elemental powers

He sits watching waterfalls- takes joy in rain showers

Its forms are so wondrous, mysterious and so vast

Droplet, iceberg, rainbow show beauty unsurpassed

Water may be hot, warm, tepid, cool, sometimes ice

It rages in turbulence or flows smooth and nice

We swim through it, under it, traverse on its wave

We add to it a little and then toast our brave

We use it, we channel and take it for granted

Yet can't control rain or when grain's to be planted

Water's many moods, various forms -great their range

Yet we recognise water in spite of the change

For when tiny and gentle, or turbulent, vast

We're bound by this element till death comes at last

When we're free, spirit soars, we're akin to the air

But while in our body it's with water we share

In honour, and reverence - how little we know

Thanksgiving time for this element needed so

We praise natural powers honouring water best

Essential to our lives even more than the rest

Water has sustained life on the Earth aeons past,

Trust future man will cherish its values so vast.

.................

YOUTH

We romp, and we play

We don't think of yesterday

We laugh, we sorrow

We don't think of tomorrow

We do, and we dare

We try and learn how to share

We give, and we keep

We waken, we go to sleep

We dream, and we fear

We laugh then we shed a tear

We hate, and we love

We look down and look above

We see, and we stare

We learn caution, have a care

We free fly, or plod

And we wonder "what is God"?

We explore wide, and we adore

We go from hillside to the shore

We love father, we love mother

Walk hand in hand with one another.

.................

YOUTH-AGE

"But you're old now and frail"

The young man said.

"Yes, I'm frail in body,

"But not in my head!"

"But what do you do and what do you drink?

What can you do with your time, except think?"

"That certainly seems to you a sad end

No drinking bouts and no worries to tend"

"But don't grieve, my son, reward is all mine

Enjoying each day, I melt into Time."

"But you're old and feeble

And can't run, like me!"

"Yes it's true that I'm slow

I enjoy rests, you see"

"I'm sorry for you, Dad

Your life, is ending".

"Don't be concerned, my boy

Death's not yet pending!"

"But what do you know allows you accept

A fate which demands loss of life's pleasures?"

"Son, now forget the body, listen, you'll find

I'm a man, my son, I'm a man in my mind!"

"I master my life by my thoughts, as I will

My thoughts can run free, to explore or be still!"

"Ideas are created and ever made new

I'm free in my mind and I'm young, just as you!"

"My young body matured and it reached it's peak

My feelings grew, too, and expanded to seek."

"Fulfilment in love and emotional need

But my mind, ever young has no limit, indeed"

"Ever onward, and onward, upward I grow

First was my body and then, rather more slow."

"But finally man now in body and mind

I'm mature now, content with what I now find."

"Father, what have you found?- this I would know

So I can look forward to the path I must go."

"That the body lessens as brightens the mind

Like a burning candle, they're not of a kind

"But this I would hope, that you maybe will find

How to keep them both healthy, with face unlined.

"Remain ever youthful, age and youth combined.

Forge on, young man, with your long life before thee

"Just know I speak well, and wiser still I will be

When death comes at last to quietly claim me."

..........................

THE ENDING

When all the melodies of life are sung

And all the tunes of joy all played away

When all the music has been orchestrated

And no more flutes and notes pattern in the air

When no more sadness squeezed from out our souls

And no more virtues for man to express

When ideas can no more torment the mind

Or feelings tear the heart within our breast

Only then is life it seems to end

When no more human love is there to give

When no more hateful miseries bemoan

When there are no more books to read or write

And no inspiration to turn a rhyme

When no more laughter stirs to bring a tear

No longer untouched kingdoms to explore

When no more happiness to fill the heart

Then surely is that life can live no more

When there is no more dancing in the street

The sunsets and sunrise drained of their glow

When no more stars to seem a sparkling show

With no great buildings to design or build

When there is no longer cruel human war

Barriers to peace dissolved, no life killed

Then will we have lived great years of human life

Time then to rest until another round is Willed.

..........................








Elizabeth S. Adams is known for her published "Forgotten Dreams - a collection of Poetry" with additional interests that extend to Astrology,Astronomy and mystical subjects that help us understand who we are and our place in the Universe. Astrology when applied to self understanding of our personality and deeper soul potentials is a great practical starting point. We also need assistance to unveil the special inner talents of our soul so we feel confident to offer our contribution to the world. Astrology is such an aid. Visit her site http://www.spirit-of-astrology.com